Sorry for the mess

This blog is under going a large visual re-design and will change often. Thank you for your patience.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Twisted Metal PS3 Review

Twisted Metal is a PS only title that I fondly remember from my childhood. I can now say I own a copy of every single game in the series.

Twisted Metal is a car combat game that revolves around the Twisted Metal tournament hosted by Calypso, if you when the tournament you get one wish, this wish can be anything, Fame, Fortune, even eternal life, if you can think it you can have it, there are NO limits. However, voice your wish carefully, Calypso usually adds a twist to the wish. Very few have outsmarted him.

Personally I love this game, it fits in nicely with the other titles and is quite fun to play. My only problem with the game is that while all TM titles have been dark this one seems to take things a bit further, I am thinking that I am going to have to take a break and go play a happy game soon.

On a scale of 1-10 I give it:

Ease of play: 7 (while veterans of the Twisted Metal series will have no trouble playing it, it might be a bit confusing to newcomers.)

Graphics: 9 (The game is well modeled and the live action cut scenes are great. Although you might not pay much attention to the world as you try to kill and not be killed.)

Replay: 7 (While there aren't any collectables or anything, you can try and go beat your records in single player and of course there is always Multiplayer.)

Family friendliness: 3 (Not family friendly. The game is very, very dark and will be a bit much to younger audiences, that coupled with blood splatter, violence, and Strong language, like F***, B****, and others of that caliber, make this game a no no for younger gamers.)

All in all I give it a 8.

This game is fun an I believe it will be very fun to play multiplayer even on split screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment