Sorry for the mess

This blog is under going a large visual re-design and will change often. Thank you for your patience.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Game Review: Fallout 3

Fallout 3 is Bethesda's hit post-apocalyptic RPG based in the DC area.

The game is based in a fictional universe where most of the future predictions from 1940-1960 came true. At least until the nuclear war between China and the USA happened. the game is set 200 years after the nuclear war as your character emerges from the underground vault.

The best way I can describe the atmosphere of the game is, imagine the late 40s, early 50s style, and music. Now imagine that it just never went away. Any cars you find, wont be able to use them, are going to look like they came out of a 50s Sci-Fi film. The music is big band and such, the robots look like you would expect as well.. The art style is undeniably my favorite part of the game.  It's like being transported back in time, and forward at the same time.

I wont say anything about the story beyond what I have already said. That is for you to find out.


The game operates almost identically to the Elder Scrolls games. You have weapons you find and buy, the weapons have set damage stats that change depending on condition. Same with armor. The way it varies from the Elder Scrolls game is that it relies on ranged weapons such as laser pistols and assault rifles. The game is absurdly fun, and looking at my experience with the game, might just speed up time around you as you play. The game is strictly single player, which might be a turn off for some people, but is a plus for people like me.

There are several DLC packs that have been released, but I haven't tried any of them out yet so I can't giver an opinion on them yet.

Overall, I think this game is definitely worth the money and time. Now, I am going to continue to explore the wasteland.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment