Sorry for the mess

This blog is under going a large visual re-design and will change often. Thank you for your patience.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Minecraft 1.0.0

Got to play Minecraft version 1.0.0 today.
Lots of improvement I think. Some new features I didn't remember being there.
My only problem was that Minecraft for windows doesn't appear to run as well as for Mac OS X, now I haven't tried it on Mac yet and it could just be the update but I am running Windows 7 on my 2011 Macbook Pro and after about 30 minutes I got the "Out of memory" warning so I guess I'll try it on Snow Leopard later.
This isn't a review just my thoughts.

Edit Nov 19 2011 22:42
I checked and it does run better on Snow Leopard. At least it does on my Macbook Pro.
I use Bootcamp to run Windows so it is the same hardware and it still ran better on Mac OS X.

Edit Nov 21 2011 22:38
I realized today that I accidentally installed a 32 bit version of Java to my 64 bit Windows OS. Apparently it was what caused the crash and a majority of the performance loss, though I still had better performance running Mac OS X.

No comments:

Post a Comment